At The Bandit Golf Club, we've worked hard over the years to develop a revolutionary way to teach and grow this great game. We focus on three distinct groups, so we are able to tailor our instruction to fit into your schedule and needs.
- Those who want to learn to play the game start with our Learn to Play program.
- Kids 18 and under who desire to learn the game through our Junior Academy.
- Experienced golfers seeking to improve their game with our Game Improvement program.
GET STARTED WITH OUR LEARN TO PLAY CLASSES
Our Learn to Play Golf classes are tailored for small groups and will teach you everything you need to know about stepping onto a golf course for the first time. The game of golf is a sport like no other – it’s a game that you can play and enjoy with friends, family and business associates for a lifetime. From the thrill of hitting a long straight shot, to the excitement of sinking that birdie putt, golf is a sport that never fails to challenge and delight.
2021 Session Dates: Learn to Play Golf
- Wednesday's - Starts March 31st. 6:15pm - 7:15pm for 5 weeks
- Saturday's - Starts April 28th. 10:00am - 11:00am for 5 weeks
- Wednesday's - Starts June 2nd. 6:15pm - 7:15pm for 5 weeks.
- Saturday's - Starts June 5th. 10:00am - 11:00am for 5 weeks.
- Wednesday's - Starts August 4th. 6:15pm - 7:15pm for 5 weeks.
- Saturday's - Starts August 7th. 10:00am - 11:00am for 6 weeks.
- Wednesday's - Starts September 29th. 6:15pm - 7:15pm for 5 weeks.
- Saturday's - Starts October 2nd. 10:00am - 11:00am for 6 weeks.
Learn to Play Class Curriculum:
- Class I – Putting (Putting Fundamentals Basics – On Course Play and Understanding of Etiquette and Rules on the Putting Green.)
- Class II – Chipping (Basic Fundamentals – On Course Play with the Combination of Game Play Pitching and Putting.)
- Class III – Pitching (Basic Fundamentals of Pitching – On Course Play with the Combination of previous applicable skills.)
- Class IV - Full Swing Irons (Basic Fundamentals of the Full Swing w/Irons – On Course Play with the Combination of previous applicable skills.)
- Class V – Full Swing Driver (Basic Fundamentals of the Full Swing w/Driver – On Course Play with the Combination of previous applicable skills.)
For more information or to sign up for a session please contact us at (830) 609-4665.
Ready to progress further? Check out our 2021 Learn to Play Golf 2.0 schedule:
- Starts June 5th at 9:00am and runs for 5 weeks.
- Starts August 7th at 9:00am and runs for 5 weeks.
When people think of golf, they think of sportsmanship, fair play and great camaraderie, so it is easy to see why golf attracts players from all walks of life and why it is often the game of choice for important social and business dealings. Now, are you someone who has freely said, “I don’t know how to play golf, but I’ve always really wanted to.” Well, you’re in luck, these classes are for people just like you! Our classes are designed to teach this fantastic sport in a way that will be fun and more comfortable than you could ever imagine. With our style of instruction, we take people who have never held a golf club and teach them the skills to play, and to play well.
HOW MANY CLASSES ARE THERE?
In five, weekly one hour sessions with golf equipment provided (or you may bring your own), you’ll enjoy a comprehensive education on the ins and outs of a successful golf outing. From making a tee time, what to do when you arrive at the course, what clubs to use, and even how to mark your ball when you successfully get to the green!
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Our series of classes will guide you through a natural progression of learning the different swings, strokes, and shots. You will start with the basics of putting, move on to chipping, and use those skills to develop your full swing. Once you have mastered your swing mechanics, our team will walk you through the process of picking which clubs are best for each shot. This of course will include the breakdown of the different irons, wedges, and woods at your disposal. Believe us, successfully hitting a tee shot long and straight takes practice, but with a well taught fundamental swing from earlier classes, you’ll be mastering that swing in no time!
We pride ourselves on making sure that we foster a judgement-free zone during all our sessions, and we will prove that it’s never too late to learn to play golf. Once you graduate from learn to play golf, we are confident that you’ll be good enough and comfortable enough to make the golf course a place to look forward to. These classes are designed to be fun and offer a step-by-step approach to playing golf for the first time.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR AND GET STARTED TODAY.
For more information on upcoming Learn To Play classes, our Junior Academy, Play Better Golf classes or One-on-One Instruction, please call our pro shop at 830-609-4665 or simply fill out the form on the TOP RIGHT of this page to be contacted by our Director of Better Golf, KC Lim.
KC Lim, Director of Better Golf - The Bandit Golf Club
San Antonio native, KC Lim first discovered his passion for golf while playing in high school at Churchill and Reagan. While KC was on the team, they went to state each year…and won the tournament each year. After graduating, he went on to play college golf at St. Mary's University where he won 7 college tournaments, including 4 tournaments during his last semester, including their conference tournament.
In 2007, KC decided to chase his dream of turning pro. He played on a number of different tours. From 2007 to 2011, KC played on the Adam's Pro Tour, in 2012 The National Pro Tour and in 2013 the PGA Tour Latin America. 2014 was KC’s breakout year, where he chased the PGA Tour by doing Monday qualifying. He and three other golfers were documented on YouTube in a series called “TourQuest”. Now, with some pro experience under his belt, KC went on to qualify for the Web.com Tour in 2015 (now called the Korn Ferry Tour), PGA Tour China in 2016 and rounded out his professional career going back to Qualifying School in 2017, where he qualified for the PGA Tour Latin America again.
KC joined the Foresight Golf family in 2016 as an Assistant Golf Professional at The Republic Golf Club in San Antonio, where he later became the Director of Better Golf. Joining The Bandit Golf Club in 2020, KC introduces juniors and adults to this great game through our Learn to Play classes, while also helping our passionate golfers improve their game with private lessons. Stop by the pro shop or drop KC a message to learn more about all the programs he leads as The Bandit Golf Club’s Director of Better Golf.
All lessons and classes take place at The Bandit Golf Club with our professional instructors.